Thursday, October 13, 2011

An Attitude of Gratitude !



I was always taught the importance of writing thank you notes. At times it was a burden (like when I had hundreds to write when I got married), but mostly it is a joy to thank people for being thoughtful over their acts of service, hospitality or  a gift. Of course, when I had children I taught them to write thank you notes as well. I can remember how they would painstakingly write their notes when they were young.


Thank you cards from the 3rd grade!



Last week I went to New Covenant School to share about my trip to Guatemala this summer with my daughters. I spoke to K5-12th grade students and tried to keep ages 5-18 equally interested in my presentation. I loved seeing the kids again and sharing what God is doing in Guatemala and in our lives as well.


Mrs. Lamb's class


Today I received thank you notes from Mrs. Lamb's third grade class. I am not ashamed to admit I just cried as I read their sweet words to me. Some of the students I had in kindergarten and it was great to see how well they are writing now. It makes me feel happy to know I helped teach them how to form their alphabet letters and write their names . Even those I did not teach said how they would have liked to have had me as their teacher. I would have loved it too.There was such sweet innocence in their messages to me.It just made my heart feel full !





Psalm 92:1 says, "It is good to give thanks to the Lord..." so I am thanking Him for teachers like Mrs. Lamb who are teaching children to have an attitude of gratitude and for the children who brightened my day beyond measure!

1 comment:

  1. And I am not ashamed to admit I just cried as I read your sweet words about them! So fun! I JUST sat down to read my "blog roll" for the day and found you, the most recent. Imagine my delight to see my little class! Thanks for your encouragement. I am THANKFUL for you!

    ReplyDelete